All of us have own fears or even phobias. Some of us are afraid of presenting, some of us are terrible at writing about things. This article is specifically designed for those students who have a problem with presenting things. This is, indeed, a problem, since being a student you will have to go through numerous presentations, like a dissertation proposal defense.
Here are some dissertation proposal defense techniques to relax a little bit before your presentation:
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number one: think about your presentation positively, focusing on the strong sides of your report.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number two: take a few deep breaths in and out, as if you are doing a yoga exercise.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number three: imagine that you are going to present not in front of the harsh committee, but in front of your close friends or members of the family.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number four: review the main points of your report – do not memorize them, but refresh the main idea of each point.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number five: invite some of your good friends to support you – they will definitely help you focus on the positive things.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number six: when you enter the room with your dissertation committee, the first thing you should do is to smile. This will help you relax more and committee will appreciate this sign of confidence and friendliness.
- Dissertation proposal defense technique number seven: if you feel that everything is going out of your control- you keep forgetting important points and you look too nervous – you need to stop for one moment and ask your committee to start all over again. Do not forget that you have the right for only one so called “second chance”.
Good luck with your dissertation proposal defense, dear friend!